The Lakers was within the sport on the finish of the third quarter, behind by simply 4, and gained the back-to-back sport apparently nonetheless inside attain.
However the Lakers misplaced this sport by not having the ability to sustain with the Detroit Pistons within the fourth.
The Lakers’ sport was magnified by solely scoring 14 factors within the fourth, a giant cause why they scored a season-low rating. They shot simply 28.6% from the sector and solely 16.7% from the three-point vary by going one for six.
In the meantime, the Pistons scored 25 factors within the fourth and shot 50% from the sector to tug away for one 107-92 wins over the Lakers Thursday night time in Detroit.
“It seems to be like our legs got here a bit to us within the second sport back-to-back,” mentioned LeBron James after taking part in 35 minutes and 45 seconds. “In order that was a results of that.”
5 takeaways from the Lakers’ loss to the Pistons:
1. Talen Horton-Tucker performed simply seven minutes in opposition to the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday night time, however he carried out nicely when his identify was talked about within the sport in opposition to the Pistons on Thursday night time.
He performed 14 minutes and eight seconds and had 13 factors, two rebounds and an help.
He was five-for-seven from the sector, three-for-three from three-point vary.
“I am simply attempting to be prepared for something,” Horton-Tucker mentioned. Not realizing what position I play when the sport begins is sort of tough. Simply having the ability to be prepared and simply are available and do what I understand how to do. ”
2. It was a particular night time for Kyle Kuzma even in the course of the loss.
His mom Karri Kuzma acquired to take part within the sport in Detroit and he began as an alternative Anthony Davis, who was out with an injured proper quad bike.
She drove from her hometown of Flint to see her son begin his fifth sport this season.
“I wager she was very, very comfortable to be there,” Kuzma mentioned. “A few my cousins got here too. My mother has been via a troublesome time these days. Considered one of her greatest associates simply handed away. So I am positive she’s watching her boy begin taking part in the Pistons at residence means all the things to her. So I am glad she may very well be there for that. ”
She noticed her son produce his fifth double for the season with 22 factors and 10 rebounds in 29:56.
In 5 begins this season, Kuzma has averaged 14.2 factors and 6.4 rebounds per sport.
3. Former Lakers guard Wayne Ellington had a terrific sport for the Pistons, capturing lights from three-point vary.
Ellington gave the Lakers a landing together with his 20 factors on seven-for-12 capturing and his six-for-nine on three-pointers.
4. The figures inform of an uneven sport for Lakers middle Marc Gasol.
He didn’t rating, each missed his subject objective makes an attempt and he was minus six.
However Gasol had 9 rebounds and 4 assists in his 25-minute motion.
5. The Lakers’ high 5 of James, Kuzma, Gasol, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Dennis Schroder scored a season-low 60 factors. James had 22 factors, Kuzma 22, Caldwell-Pope six, Schroder 10 and Gasol zero.
This story initially appeared in Los Angeles Instances.
More Tags We LoveHow Can I Get The Lowest Car Insurance Rates Commercial loan requirements Power of attorney forms illinois Bed mattress and base Medicare medicaid advisors Dentistry on main street Credit cards approval Caregivers for seniors affordable care services Movies near me open now Drug treatment programs in maryland